- Participate in the development of the Win Strategy and then execute the proposal plan as part of the Pursuit Workbook.
- Ensure accurate estimates and schedule by seeking consult from the appropriate parties such as Preconstruction, Operations, and any other internal or external resources that are necessary.
- Administer overall PRP process including execution of portions assigned by the Project Executive.
- Procure subcontractors by preparing RFP’s and evaluating proposals to make final subcontractor selection and buyout to ensure timely execution of the “Work”.
- Negotiate and prepare subcontractor scope of work documents to prevent scope gaps or overlap.
- Ensure conformity of subcontracts to prime contract and Pankow standards.
- Manage upload of cost estimate into CMiC with the input of appropriate resources, such as Preconstruction and Accounting.
Lead the Design Process
- Ensure the proper development of Contract Documents allow for timely execution of the “Work”.
- Procure and manage design consultants for design-build project.
- Ensure design meets target budget and program criteria.
- Ensure owner billings and subcontractor payments are processed in accordance with the contract.
- Manage the internal and external change management process.
- Ensure effective communication with all appropriate parties .
- Negotiate with Clients and Subcontractors on change orders as necessary.
- Ensure the PMCR is completed timely and accurately on monthly basis.
- Build a relationship and develop trust with the Owner by:
- Serving as the primary contact throughout the project.
- Maintaining commitments made to the Owner.
- Communicating on a regular basis as well as reaching out as necessary with more pressing issues.
- Learning about client’s true drivers by utilizing TBTB dialogue
- Seeks new sales opportunities with existing clients by:
- Being the client advocate. Investing in the client’s perspective to provide exceptional solutions that reflect an understanding of the client’s drivers and priorities.
- Think of the client’s success first and balance that with what is fair and equitable for Pankow.
- Periodic check-in on new opportunities beyond current project.
- Set expectations and provide guidance to direct reports and team members.
- Conduct regular check-ins to provide feedback or course correct.
The Senior Project Manager shall also perform the following duties in the absence of a Sr. Superintendent:
- Hold regular meetings/dialogue with the Superintendent in order to receive updates and communicate the status to the appropriate parties (Project Executive, Operations, Owner, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in construction related field preferred
- Professional designations desirable
- A minimum of 12-15 years of jobsite and/or project management experience is typical