What you'll be doing:
Works collaboratively with the Pankow team and maintain a Zero Incident Culture
- Pankow Safety Principle: Like project performance and client service, the well-being of the Pankow team and the public is an essential core value that guides our actions. Safety Does Not Happen By Accident is a principle that embodies Pankow’s firm belief that all accidents are preventable and that injury is unacceptable. It challenges the entire Pankow team – employees and subcontractors – to actively participate in the process and to develop innovative approaches to overcome the obstacles to achieving and maintaining an injury-free workplace.
- Assist operations in new hire safety orientation program and procedure.
- Assist in the coordination of Regional Safety Council meetings
Anticipate, identify and evaluate hazardous conditions and practices
- Attend monthly project review meetings and conduct monthly safety focus discussion with focus on upcoming work
- Assist project management in review of subcontractor qualifications program
Develop hazard control designs, methods, procedures and programs
- Assist Project Managers and Superintendents in developing in Site Specific Safety Plan and Site Specific Orientation.
- Assist Superintendents and Foremen in the development of Job Hazard Analysis.
Measure, audit and evaluate the effectiveness of hazard controls and hazard control programs.
- Conduct safety audits with Operations of Pankow sites on a regular basis for compliance with Company’s safety program.
- Monitor and coordinate assist with safety inspection process (Predictive Solution, SafetyNet)
- Monitor and coordinate assist the Pankow’s electronic MSDS system.
- Assist in Incident Investigations and Accident Reporting Procedures regarding W/C claims in each region using root cause techniques/training. Participate in regional Accident Incident Review Committee meetings.
- Assist the superintendents with OSHA inspections
What we look for:
- 4-year degree or 2-year degree in safety preferred
- OHST, CHST, ASP preferred
- Effective communication skills, sense of urgency, taking ownership of work, ability to work as part of a team
- A knowledge of safety principles and regulatory compliance
What you've done:
- Work experience or internship in related field, preferred