Primary Accountabilities (10% Plan, 50% Build, 40% Run)
- Provide support to one or more of the following technical capability areas: Endpoint Management, Mobility, Collaboration, Desktop, Storage, Database, Network, Server Administration, Integration, Printer, Audio Visual, Telecommunications, or as agreed with management, including issues oversight, root cause analysis, stabilization, resolution and follow-through.
- Oversee end-user support on select technical applications and devices including delivery, performance, diagnostics, resolution and all manners of technical assistance support; plus provide power-user level expertise on core end-user facing applications.
- Assist in design, identification and development of procedural and training activities that support end-user learning and issue prevention.
- Serve as escalation point of contact for Tier 1, other Tier 2 requests or drive Tier 3 partner engagements.
Project Planning, Organization and Communications
- Develop specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize and undertake work.
- Assume responsibility for ensuring technical support and project lifecycle build commitments are met.
- Apply proven communication, analytical and problem-solving skills in prioritizing and developing solutions.
- Elicit, analyze, define and validate technology and services needed by end users.
- Engage with internal committees, project stakeholders and IT management to gain insight needed to assist with development, dissemination and uptake of information and technology policies.
- Maintain standard technical asset catalog management artifacts to be leveraged across the organization.
- Help develop and enforce data policies and processes to provide foundation for future improvements.
- Support strategic planning initiatives and technical knowledge to ensure feasible strategy execution.
- Support enterprise architecture engagements with current state technical requirements and usability information.
- Maintain information security standards, backup and business continuity plans to reduce enterprise risk.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems or related discipline
- CompTIA A+, MS365 Certified Associate or higher
Software skills and experience:
- Microsoft Windows 10 – current
- Apple iOS
- Microsoft Office 365 – current
- Microsoft SharePoint 2013 – current
- Smartsheet Project Scheduling software or equivalent
- Microsoft Server 2012 – current
- Active Directory including Group Policy Objects
- Server/Desktop patching experience using WSUS 2016
- Microsoft Exchange and O365, Teams
- Database platforms including SQL Server and Oracle
- Familiarity with SANs and NAS
- VMware virtual machine management
- Microsoft Azure Platform
- Understanding of TCP/IP and networking concepts
- Cisco AnyConnect VPN
- Cisco Phones/Call Manager to apply basic configurations for phones and VM
- Cisco routers/switches and ability to apply basic configurations
- Lenovo desktops/laptops and Dell servers
- AirWatch MDM, MS Intune or equivalent mobile device management
- Bomgar, GoToAssist or equivalent remote desktop support software
- AV and videoconference equipment
Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact productively with cross functional users and teams
Ability to follow through and deliver complex projects to successful completion
Other knowledge, skills and abilities to be specified
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
- Experience with an Architecture, Engineering or Construction firm is a plus